The ULI Orange County/Inland Empire Advisory Board serves as the local strategic leadership. Being made up of leading OC/IE real estate and land use professionals, who volunteer their time to build a strong presence of ULI in the region, the roles of an Advisory Board member are as follows:
- To be an active, engaged, and enthusiastic team member who exhibits the highest level of judgment and discernment in providing guidance to the Advisory Board, District Council Chair and Executive Director.
- To be open and explore new ideas, challenge thoughts and ask questions on issues to come before the Advisory Board.
- To consider and debate the optimal strategy for achieving the ULI OC/IE 3-year Strategic Plan.
- To accept the position of serving on a non-profit leadership committee as an honor, not a right of ULI membership.
Advisory Board members are called upon to:
- Participate in quarterly Advisory Board meetings, not missing more than two consecutive meetings.
- Come to Advisory Board meetings prepared, having reviewed the agenda and all documents provided.
- Give a presentation to the Advisory Board on a topic focused on ULI’s Priorities for discussion.
- Stay informed of ULI’s program of work, activities and resources. Seek to implement the strategies and objectives related to the Institute’s priorities and initiatives.
- Encourage broad, diverse participation in District Council’s activities that reflect the core values of ULI.
- Participate in greater-ULI activities, such as national conferences, workshops and webinars.
- Provide financial support to the District Council.
Advisory Board members are appointed by the Chair. Advisory Board members agree to tender resignation upon the expiration of the appointing Chair’s term.
ADVISORY BOARD COMMITTEE MEMBERS
Bixby Land Company
Denise J. AshtonSenior Principal
William Hezmalhalch Architects
Oscar UrangaDirector of Development
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
John R. WilliamsPresident and CIO
Avanath Capital Management
Robert CaudillDirector, Office Specialty Group
Jessica CandaeleKTGY Architecture + Planning
Steven r KellenbergPrincipal
Randal W. JacksonPresident
Susan HoriManatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
John T. MartinPrincipal
Martin and Associates, LLC
Laurence M. NethertonNewport Beach
Jason R. FichtPrincipal
Joe CestaManaging Director
National Community Renaissance