Local Product Councils and Affinity Groups, modeled after the ULI Americas Product Councils and National Initiatives, are exclusive groups of thirty to forty mid to senior-level members who meet quarterly to network and share best practices involved locally and in the region.
WHY: These exclusive groups are how we, as a District Council, implement the Mission of ULI to:
- CONNECT active, passionate, diverse members through the foremost global network of interdisciplinary professionals
- INSPIRE best practices for equitable and sustainable land use through content, education, convening, mentoring, and knowledge sharing
- LEAD in solving community and real estate challenges through applied collective global experience and philanthropic engagement
HOW: Local Product Councils and Affinity Groups offer up a format and significance that increases value and contribution for local leaders to influence change in our industry practice. In an effort to increase the esteem and takeaway from this experience, we have upgraded our format to model the Americas Product Council model.
- LPC’s have limited membership (usually between 30 and 40 members)
- LPC’s meet quarterly
- LPC’s provide opportunities to hold leadership roles
- LPC’s have a two-year term limit (Beginning July 1st, 2021 and ending June 30th 2023)
- LPC placement incurs a $150 annual fee ($300 for full term) with placement/selection (Excludes Young Leaders Group)
Applying for a seat on an LPC:
Members of LPC’s will be recruited biennially. The application period for the FY22/FY23 term is now closed.
Between application periods, each ULI member has the opportunity to guest at one of the LPC’s. No member shall guest more than twice on the same LPC. The co-chairs will have the discretion to accept new council members as they deem appropriate. Ideally, new members will simply fill council seats that are vacated due to consecutive absences or members opting to leave the council of their own volition. In a situation where all co-chairs decide to expand the council, a combination of co-chair invitations and new applications will be used to fill available spaces.
For questions or to request to guest on a Local Product Council, email firstname.lastname@example.org