ULI Orange County/Inland Empire is excited to offer Local Product Councils (LPCs) to its membership!
The Local Product Councils (LPC’s) provide opportunities for leadership and volunteer involvement in ULI at the local level, by promoting excellence in programming and fostering a culture of openness and sharing of issues critical to the land use planning and real estate development industry. ULI’s goal is to strive for diversity of professions on each Local Product Council to create an opportunity for more vibrant and relevant discussion.
LPC Requirements and Expectations Are as Follows:
- You must be a ULI member in good standing to sit on a LPC
- You must apply for an appointment to sit on a LPC
- LPC’s are limited to 30-40 members
- Appointment is at the discretion of LPC and District Council leadership
- Appointments are for two years with the option to renew for a second two-year term.
LPC members must:
- Commit to attending 4-quarterly meetings each fiscal year (July-June). You may not miss more than one meeting per fiscal year. If you miss more than one meeting per fiscal year you will be automatically resigned from the Council.
- Council meeting dates will be set for the entire fiscal year in July
- Pay, in full, an annual Council fee of $150
- If selected for a leadership role as Vice Chair, you will be required to attend four quarterly Advisory Board meetings
LPC members are responsible for upholding ULI’s Reverence/Code of Ethics. The objective is to create Councils of industry professionals, who get to know each other through involvement in ULI, by meeting regularly, and sharing best practices and lessons learned. The Councils have access to research published by ULI and its members. Meetings may include case studies, round table discussions, and offsite private tours. Discussions at Council meetings must allow for diverse consideration of issues that effect change. Openness is key! Information is shared confidentially among members and should not be shared outside of the Councils.
Participation is limited to one LPC during a term of service. Multiple members from the same company, serving on the same Council, is discouraged. Submission of an application is NOT a guarantee that you will be accepted on a council or that your choice(s) will be available.
Applying for a seat on an LPC:
Members of LPC’s will be recruited biennially. The application period will be open from May through the end of June 2021. Applicants are required to fill out a brief online application to be reviewed by Council leadership and ULI staff. Applicants will be notified of their status by mid-July 2021. To confirm participation, council member will be required to pay the annual $150 dues by June 30, 2021.
Between application periods, each ULI member has the opportunity to guest at one of the LPC’s. No member shall guest more than twice on the same LPC. The co-chairs will have the discretion to accept new council members as they deem appropriate. Ideally, new members will simply fill council seats that are vacated due to consecutive absences or members opting to leave the council of their own volition. In a situation where all co-chairs decide to expand the council, a combination of co-chair invitations and new applications will be used to fill available spaces.