Current job postings from the WLI committee members:
Internship Opportunity at WNC & Associates (Posted 11/30/21):
Title: Acquisitions Intern
Department: Preservation Equity Fund (PEF)
Reports to: Senior Vice President Acquisitions – Preservation Equity Fund
Location: Irvine, CA [In-Office required]
Contact: Email Ann Caruana firstname.lastname@example.org
WNC is a family-owned business dedicated to providing innovative solutions in the affordable housing industry over the last 47 years. The company offers low-income housing tax-credit syndication, asset management services, development services, and other investment opportunities in the multi-family industry to a wide array of partners and clients. WNC has acquired more than 1,400 properties representing $9.5 billion in assets across 47 states, the District of Colombia and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
WNC seeks an Acquisitions Intern for its growing Preservation Equity Fund (PEF). PEF is dedicated to preserving affordable housing through acquisition of existing apartment communities while in return, providing cash flow and appreciation to its investors. The Intern will join a collaborative group of real estate professionals and get the opportunity to learn and grow within a private equity fund. The ideal candidate loves new challenges and enjoys working with numbers.
- Position Responsibilities:
- Financial underwriting: Input property level financial data into underwriting model to evaluate affordable housing projects
- Financial analysis: review cash flow projections, run sensitivity analyses, and other ad hoc financial models
- Market studies and project feasibility: gather and evaluate market data to confirm transactions meet the Fund’s criteria
- Transaction assistance: collect and organize initial due diligence, review and summarize various reports, and assist in writing investment memos and presentations for investment committee
- MS Office experience with Intermediate to Expert level of Excel skills
- Positive attitude with motivation to learn and grow
- Quick learner that enjoys working with numbers, spreadsheets, and financial models
- Willingness to collaborate effectively with a talented team
- Detailed oriented with attention to accuracy and organization
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Professional and courteous
- Education & Experience:
- Recent graduate or undergraduate student of a four-year Bachelor degree program in Real Estate, Finance, or related field
- Schedule & Benefits:
- Acquisition Interns can work up to 29 hours per week and are paid hourly positions with flex scheduling available
- Must work in-office as company requires
Job Opening at Psomas (Posted 11/17/21):
Position: Senior Client Manager – CEQA/NEPA
Contact: Apply directly at: https://psomas.applicantpro.com/jobs/2077012.html
Psomas is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm specializing in construction management, engineering, environment, surveying and geospatial. We’re 600 employees strong with a rich 75-year legacy, and we’re expanding our footprint for exciting growth — which means plenty of opportunity and the added values of agility and flexibility that you can only get with a midsize firm.
Use your talents and passions to improve the environment for all humankind. We believe that Psomas is more than a company — it’s a place where each person becomes part of a team and has the opportunity to work on projects that make a difference. Psomas is a place where you can build a career — from your first job through retirement and all stages in between. We foster collaboration, teamwork, and professional development at every level.
As a client facing Senior Client Manager specializing in CEQA / NEPA in our Pasadena or Los Angeles office, we are looking for an environmental professional with strong client connections and working knowledge in CEQA/NEPA review with 10+ years of experience in the Southern California market who is known for delivering high quality service for land development, transportation, and/or infrastructure clients. As a member of our Environmental Services team, you will be delivering creative solutions for clients’ environmental compliance requirements as well as supporting project management for public and private sector clients. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated for personal and professional success in a team-oriented and dynamic setting and have a strong client network in the Los Angeles metro market.
- Using your strong network of industry professionals, leverage new key clients and opportunities
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams to prepare comprehensive, legally defensible CEQA/NEPA documents
- Provide strategic oversight, prepare key document sections, and perform overall QA/QC of all deliverables
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure delivery of work products on schedule and budget
- Interact with clients in a professional, creative and responsive manner
- Prepare presentations for and participate in public meetings
- Manage preparation of large and small proposal efforts
- Actively participate and represent Psomas in local and regional organizations
- Meaningfully contribute to a collaborative and thriving team culture
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences, land development, planning/policy, or related field or comparable training is required
- 10+ years of experience in preparing CEQA/NEPA analyses that demonstrates successful client service and a reputation for high quality delivery
- Client references and/or letters of commendation
- Excellent oral and written skills
With a people-first philosophy, we continue to embrace initiatives for a forward-thinking, modern day workplace. From bright, flexible office spaces to diversity and inclusion efforts, Psomas is a company that leads with intention and embodies a set of core values. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Strong pay, comprehensive benefits + bonus programs
- Psomas Pshares retirement + 401(k) plans
- Hybrid + flexible work schedules
- Work + life balance with paid holidays + PTO
- Subsidized Public Transportation and Parking Program
- Mentoring, tuition reimbursement + career development
- Psomas perk events, activities, celebrations, swag + more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Opening at Farmers & Merchants Bank (Posted 11/11/21):
F&M Bank is Hiring!!!
Position: Portfolio Banker
Contact: Kathy Reed, Kathy.email@example.com 949-345-7313
The Portfolio Banker works closely with Relationship Managers and Regional Manager in a hybrid role focused on both new loan origination’s and asset management of existing loan portfolio. The Portfolio Banker is responsible for evaluating loan requests primarily centered in investor commercial real estate. This includes conducting extensive in-depth analysis of the property financials, market rent and sales comparables, market fundamentals, and tax return analysis. Attention to detail, advanced modeling skills, real estate valuation, and credit acumen are fundamental to success in this role. The Portfolio Banker regularly interfaces with Clients, Relationship Managers, Credit Administrators and Senior Management; providing written recommendations relating to credit extension decisions and loan risk ratings. Post loan boarding duties include following for financial reporting, financial covenant compliance, monitoring financial trends of borrowers, and collateral valuation The Portfolio Banker is to provide exemplary high-touch service to ensure customer satisfaction both internally and externally.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Commercial Real Estate Underwriting and Analysis:
- Prepares and presents credit memos to appropriate senor staff or committees for use in the making of lending decision on new, renewal or extension loans.
- Analyze credit data, financial statements and pertinent information for credit worthiness to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Ability to underwrite commercial real estate to determine current value
- Analyze collateral property market conditions to determine demand and supply fundamentals of hotels, offices, multi-family, retail, industrial properties, and other investor RE properties
- Research and prepare comparable property sales and/or rental information for all properties taken as collateral.
- Evaluates the market, and historical operating information to evaluate multi-year forecast of net operating income cash flow and capital expenditures
- Reviews and analyzes budgets and NOI projections
- Review leases and prepare lease abstracts
- Review formation documents, title reports, UCC searches, and loan documents
- Analyze financial data such as revenue, growth, profitability, cash flow , quality of management and industry market share to determine expected repayment of loan.
- Analyze guarantor personal credit data, financial statements, tax return analysis, and pertinent information for the credit worthiness to determine support as secondary repayment source
Portfolio Management: Create, maintain, and monitor all loan and credit files. This process involves:
- Completion of Asset Review reports
- Ensure compliance with bank policy, regulatory requirements and credit worthiness by reviewing and updating all pertinent credit loan file information, and adherence to all loan agreement requirements, and following for required financial reports and complains with financial covenants..
- Monitoring construction loan draw requests
- Monitor credit risk by periodically evaluating financial trends, credit bureau reports, pay habits, and other sources of information of the borrower and guarantors to detecting early warning signs that could lead to a potential default
- Monitoring underperforming loans
- Evaluating and assigning proper loan risk ratings
- Corresponding with Credit on waivers, amendments, renewals, reviews and modifications
Client Service: Assist the Relationship Manager on all levels of the banking relationship to ensure the client receives exceptional service. This process includes:
- Receiving and funding loan advances and payments
- Calling on delinquencies
- Assisting clients with various loan and deposit related inquiries
- Remedying or submitting client requests to the proper departments and following up to ensure timely execution
- Identifying cross-sell opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong credit background
- Minimum 5 years of commercial real estate (investor) lending experience
- Knowledge of financial modeling and advanced proficiency in Excel
- Must possess the ability to provide comprehensive, analytical, and thoughtful recommendations on highly structured real estate loans.
- Ability to travel to various bank locations as needed
Complies with all State and Federal Banking regulatory requirements, including but not limited to: BSA, Anti-Money Laundering OFAC, CIP, Financial Elder Abuse Reporting, Sexual Harassment, Information Security and privacy requirements. This position will elevate suspicious activity to supervisory staff and/or BSA department. Completes compliance and other technical training workshops as assigned.